Digital globalisation and graduate careers: Work-readiness as the new frontier [short version]
2018-02-08T09:00:51Z (GMT) by
• Middle-office jobs which provide the formative experience to professional careers are being
• Employers report that talent-pipelines into mid-level, knowledge-based roles are drying up!
• Higher education has raised employability levels, but the bar has been raised again. In a
digitally-connected world, work can be moved to the ‘cheapest place on earth’!
• Graduates now need to be employable to get the job, and also work-ready to do the job in the
face of declining graduate training programmes and overseas competition.
• Universities have an ethical responsibility to ensure that their students can compete in a
global market and build sustainable careers.